Friday, December 18, 2015

One Month of War!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine?
November 18th the war broke out in Ezo.
I was a blessed one evacuated by the United Nations.
But.......
My parish priest, my parish community, my beautiful pregnant women, my wonderful Gynecology patients, my local staff have been in the bush for one month now.
They are very low on food and water.
There have been 3 Maternal deaths in the past month since I left!!!!
Of course 3 babies as well.
The County Health Director sent me a copy of the "War" update report.
2 of the Maternal deaths were for simple malposition of the baby. (baby not in correct position)
Easily fixed with a less than 30 minute Cesarean Delivery.
1 death was for Post-partum hemorrhage.
Usually fixed with some basic steps and medicines.
If needed last resort (and I mean very last resort) to save the mother's life a hysterectomy.
So I feel like I want to know which one of my BEAUTIFUL pregnant patients that I love and make laugh attempting to speak Zande died?
Which 3?
I see all their smiling faces.
Please pray for them all.
I am here SAFE in Nzara with the Comboni nuns working at their hospital. So many interesting cases here.
A lot of severely dehydrated and malnourished women because no food or water in the bush and some manage to escape and make the 5 hour ride on the VERY DANGEROUS rode to Nzara from the various war zones.
Hoping that Ezo "cools" down so I can go back.
The United Nations does a "security" assessment.
I am so needed there.
Please pray for my parish priest Father Jacinto.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I will continue to pray for Ezo. I'm so terribly sorry to hear about the maternal and infant deaths. What a tragedy!!!

    ReplyDelete