Wednesday, December 2, 2015

SAFE!!!!!!!

Thank you to all my friends, family, colleagues and prayer warriors!!!!!
I felt the prayers, thoughts and well wishes!!!
Since Tuesday afternoon, I have felt peace and security in my heart!!!!!
Today Thursday, I am in Juba the capitol city of South Sudan.
CMMB my organization is so wonderful!!!
They wanted me to have a week rest so I am at a hotel here in Juba and resting.
Of course there are some ground rules.
Do not leave the hotel alone.
Do not walk alone.
Agreed!!!!!!!
Of course I continue to pray for my beautiful Ezo and it's people. Who are STILL living in the bush in fear.
No food, no water.
Now it has been 2 full weeks since the conflict/insecurity/war started.
A person in Yambio told me yesterday that the pregnant women and children are sick. Living like that now for 2 weeks. Malaria, Typhoid, hunger, stress.
Many have left South Sudan to go to the Congo as refugees. Which is ironic considering we have a huge refugee camp in Ezo for the Congolese refugees. I am told it is completely empty.
Here I am enjoying running water, electricity, a soft bed and food.
I feel guilty. But I feel happy to have such things.
My mind is in conflict.
Should a missionary volunteer enjoy such luxuries?
But I am grateful to CMMB for being so caring to me.
When my week is up, I will maybe go to Nzara, with the Comboni Nuns who have a hospital there to work until Ezo is ready for me to come back.
Unfortunately in Nzara there is no Operating Room (Theater). But they DO have an ultrasound machine.
So this is sad to send patients to another referral hospital (Yambio) where they will NOT receive excellent surgical care.
But such is life in the Mission.
Like one of the CMMB staff said to me when I was saying to just send me back to Ezo.
"Dr Rachael, life has no spare. We need you, secure and alive."
Thank you Moses and thanks to all of YOU who pray for me and care about me.
God bless you abundantly!!!
Please pray I may go back to my Ezo to help all my beautiful pregnant mothers and lovely women!!!! They need me but I need them more.
They are my family and in my heart.
Please pray for those in Ezo.
Please pray for Peace in South Sudan.





2 comments:

  1. We continue to pray! Rachael, even Jesus retreated and rested. Please enjoy the kindness without an iota of guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael I miss you ! Think of you often !! These women are lucky to have you- the world is a better place because you are in it xoxo

    Love
    Colleen Boyle

    ReplyDelete