Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Healing Hands of a Child!

I wanted to share with you something so beautiful that happened to me the other day. I was walking home from church and I was feeling a little sad for a personal reason.
Of course as usual many children run from their homes and yards or compounds as they are called here just to greet me and shake my hand. Some of the children hug me.
This of course makes me as it would anyone feel like a million dollars and like a very special person. One little girl who normally hugs me, grabbed my face in between her hands and caressed my face and then rubbed my hair.
Everyone that knows me knows I LOVE IT when people caress my face and my hair. I think I love this because when I was little if I got a chance to lay down beside my Mother, which was not often because she was busy or breastfeeding babies, she would caress my face and my hair. Also even when I was in Residency, I would come home and lay in the bed in between my Mother and Father and my Dad would caress my face and hair.
Who am I kidding, even before I left Boston, I would sometimes lay on my parents bed and they would caress my face and hair. What a gift!!!!!
I felt like God gave me a special gift. He allowed this little girl to allow me to feel the caring and love of my parents.
Truly the Kingdom of God is like these little ones.
Thank you God and beautiful little Girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment