Monday, September 21, 2015

I found it!!!!!

I have found the kindest person EVER!!!
I have found the most Christ like person EVER!!!!
So my entire life I always considered the nicest people in the world to be my family.
And Father Manny a Redemptorist missionary priest from New York in the Dominican Republic.
But now they have competition.
This person is consistently and with all people the kindest, most generous person I have ever met.
He treats the Bishop and the naked little boy that comes to daily mass with the same respect, kindness and compassion. No pretension, so humble. It is so difficult as human beings to treat "important" people and the "untouchables" the same. Usually we are impressed with the first and treat them better.
He is what Jesus must have been like in the human form.
This young man makes sure every day I have eaten lunch and supper. He also makes sure every one in the parish eats as well.
He serves people as if they were Jesus.
He is constantly laughing, smiling. Always joyful. But serious when he needs to be.
I have seen people mistreat him and he stays quiet and accepts it.
Wow!!!!
I think more people would desire to be Catholic/ Christian if he was around. More young men would want to become priests if he was their example.
He has had to suffer greatly to become a priest. Because of the war here in Sudan/ South Sudan he has had to flee to Central Africa to study in the seminary. He walked from South Sudan to Central Africa back and forth every year. He had to be undercover studying in Khartoum (the capitol of Sudan). He had to leave his homeland and study in Uganda theology.
This man is amazing. I am in AWE of him.
He really makes me feel like I need to be a better, more consistent, more generous, more giving person.
He is the new Deacon at my Parish awaiting ordination to the Priesthood, Deacon Natale Vairi III. His name in Natale (Christmas) because he was born on December 25th. Truly Jesus was reborn in this young man.
Please help me to pray for him, for his vocation, for his precious life.
You are all welcome to South Sudan to meet the most compassionate person I have EVER met!!!! He will certainly feed you!!!
I praise the Lord for these Brothers and Sisters through out the world that live and die giving testimony of the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Who came as we were reminded in today's gospel the feast of St. Matthew for the sick and sinners.
Thank you God for Deacon Vairi III!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I will pray for him to achieve his goal and to live on this earth for many years to come to be an example for all of us.

    ReplyDelete