Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Twins and Women

Twins Galore!!!! Appreciate Women please!!!
Everyone that knows me knows that I absolutely love twins. They are my favorite!!! Twins are so cool. The genetics, the physiology, the science, behind twinning is fascinating to me.
Well we were blessed last month to have not one, not two, not three but FOUR sets of twins here in Ezo. What fun!!! 3 were delivered vaginally and one via C-section.  2 sets were both head down. One set was head down and breech and one set was breech and transverse presentation!!! How cool is that?!!!
The mothers laugh every time they see me because I get so excited to see ALL the twins!!! All during pregnancy these women were troopers. No complaints.  The babies are all so beautiful.
The one mother we performed a Cesarean Section on was because she had just had gone to the “city” of Yambio 10 months ago and delivered a baby via C-section and had a midline skin incision and I was worried because of uterine rupture. She also had the breech/transverse combination. Such close births. She was also 4 feet tall!!!!! She was at the end of her pregnancy wider that she was tall!!!! So cute though. No complaints from her even though I kept her in the hospital for almost 2 weeks before we did the surgery.
In Ezo, as in all of South Sudan and most countries, I feel that women are so underappreciated. These women do all the domestic work (which by the way is 10 times the work women do in USA at home), they harvest in the field, they take care of their families, find money for schooling for the children, they fetch water, they take care of their sick neighbors, they go to church and pray, they feed the homeless and beggars. They discipline their children. They teach their children to pray. They help the children with school work. Then they have to share their husbands with other wives. The husbands do not always give them money. A lot of husbands spend their money on themselves. I sincerely do not know why some of these women get married except for societal pressure. Most men’s contribution to their “family” is the donation of genetic material. It is surprising that the women do not revolt.
The interesting part about this is that ALL the men address me as “Doctor”. Most of the women though call me by my first name even though I always introduce myself as Doctor.  Or they call me “Sister” or my awesome Zande name “Zia Zia Toro” which means “Holy Spirit”. So that part I do not get. But I think the men know I am a foreigner and maybe the women accept me more?
Well, any way I appreciate and really have such love in my heart for these women. They can call me anything. I know they love me so much. They care for me; they feed me (a big deal in my book).

GOD BLESS THE WOMEN OF EZO AND THE WORLD……

2 comments:

  1. Yes, God Bless the women of Ezo, ....and God bless you! I love to hear of the wonderful care you bring to these women who deeply appreciate your ablitly and love for them..

    ReplyDelete