Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Delay

Last night one of the CMMB coordinators Joel, informed me that the Humanitarian Flight is not leaving Juba for Yambio today. It has been delayed until Friday.
No problem. I am at a safe and clean hotel. I even have TV.
I purchased a local Nokia cell yesterday hoping to call my family but the SIM card does not work consistently, then it did work but the battery was not working.
So at least my time is occupied in the pursuit of a working cell phone.
I downloaded Skype last pm. Now I can communicate that way. At least now in Juba while I have internet access. That is funny the past 3 years in the USA I have NOT used Facebook or Skype because I felt it was occupying too much time. Also because of my job I wanted to be careful with social media. Now I am back using social media these few days until I am in the country side of Ezo where I am told there is internet access but not consistent. Also I will be working and will probably not have a lot of time on my hands.
Sorry that I am not giving you exciting medical news. I can give you exciting food news.
Breakfast is very interesting. Thin crepe like pancakes with sweet undertones, veggies chopped very fine and sauteed with garlic and olive oil.
This square biscuit like bread, very thick. Beans and eggs and hot dogs and chicken wings this am were at the breakfast buffet.
Many of the roads here in Juba are not paved. It has been raining and thundering and lightning.
Will inform you of any further news.....

No comments:

Post a Comment