Sunday, April 12, 2015

This is the way it should be....

This morning I went to Mass here in Yambio, South Sudan, Africa.
At St. Mary's Catholic church.
I had to control myself from crying out of joy and happiness.
This is what church is all about. A celebration!!!!
Coming together to share our lives.
There were so many people at the Mass that they now conduct mass outdoors under a large tin roof mega structure. No walls, no doors, no floor. The red clay ground is under our feet.
A 60 voice choir up front. No formal training but hearts filled with love. 4 part harmonies. Perfectly tight. Emotion that is so real.
No one was looking at their watch. Everyone swaying with the music, clapping if desired.
The alter is full of people carrying out different roles.
Wow!!!! This is what Christ meant about community.
I did NOT take pictures as I did not want to be like a tourist.
What an event.......
I did not realize how much I missed exciting Masses.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are well and full of the spirit that brought you there!

    ReplyDelete