Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Very real goals


I just wanted to share:
"The first to apologize is the bravest,
the first to forgive is the strongest,
the first to forget is the happiest!".

My prayer is to be the bravest, strongest and happiest.
This reminds me of the story in the New Testament when the woman is caught in the act of adultery, and brought before Jesus. The crowd wants to stone her. You all know the story well. They are trying to "trick" Jesus, if he says, not to stone her, he is breaking the law of Moses. If he says to stone her, he is not being compassionate.
Jesus of course is not worried, he stays quiet, writing in the sand, then says, "Whoever is without sin, go ahead and throw the first stone."
Of course they walk away one by one. Then he asks her, "Woman where are your accusers." She states, "They are gone." Then Jesus says to her, " I do not condemn you either. Go and sin no more."
WOW!!!!!
This woman did not come to Jesus asking for forgiveness. She was "caught" in the act. Jesus forgives her WITH OUT conditions. In other words. He does not say. OK you are lucky today, but you must be careful. I do not know if I can help you in the future.
NO....
He just says, Go and sin no more.
Abba: please help me to forgive and love UNCONDITIONALLY.

1 comment: