Monday, May 11, 2015

Auto impregnation


Very interesting....

Today was the third time that a young patient comes to me asking to become pregnant.
The three of them are in their late twenties.
They come in, and ask can I help them become pregnant.
So naturally I say, well let us see what we can do.
Then I ask a full medical, surgical, obstetrical, gynecological history. Social history.
Every thing is normal.
Then I ask, how about your partner? Is he healthy? Does he have previous children?
They calmly tell me, I do not have a husband.
OK....
Do you have a boyfriend, male neighbor or someone to help you out with the other half of the genetic material?
Of course I do not say it like that but you get the point.
No, they thought maybe I had some medicine that could help women become pregnant on their own.
I think to myself, if I did then I would have received a Noble prize in medicine.
So then I explain that to have a baby, even in today's modern world. Even in the most modern medical situation. We need male genetic material (sperm) to create life.
Ohhh...... they say sadly.
Then I joke and ask them if they would like us to find them a husband.
They laugh and say No.

Sorry......

1 comment:

  1. Your blog provides such a fantastic cultural perspective!

    ReplyDelete