Sunday, May 3, 2015

Promised Pictures.....

 I have the privilege of living on the richest man in town compound. He owns the local general store. He has 3 wives and 11 children. Two of the children are away at school.  I am the only one with an indoor toilet and shower in town. Also the only one with running water and a water tank. Above is my bathroom
 My living room. It is empty.
 The front of my house.
 My little neighbor Baquita. She is one of the owner's daughters
 This is Angelica the owner's wife's sister. She is peeling peanuts. A very common food ground in greens and cooked on top of rice with garlic and palm oil. And fried with salt also. Very good.
 This is the picture of my compound. My house is on your right.
 This is my back yard with 3 graves of family who died of HIV. All the adults in our compound have HIV.
 The community (Ezo) only public water supply. People come all day and fill buckets and jars and containers. People from 3 years old to 93 years old come. My tank is filled from this source. Sometimes it is stopped by the government. So we have no water.
 Our neighbor's compound.
 This is a "tukulo" on the CMMB compound. My house is on your right.
 My bathroom with the buckets of water in case of emergency.
My bed with my mosquito net. The bed came with the house.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos! I'm glad you have a good mosquito net. Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for providing a glimpse of your life there, Rachael.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "All the adults in our compound have HIV." Wow. On an up note, the house looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete